Ron Gregory realized his passion for auctioneering when he saw and heard his father, Ed Gregory, rattle (cattle call) at the Trousdale Livestock Market. His younger brother, Wayne Gregory, also developed the same passion and both would later follow in their Father’s footsteps by auctioneering cattle.
In 1968, prior to being drafted, Ron joined the U.S. Marine Corps after completing a tour in the Vietnam War serving as a Tunnel Rat & Demolitionist. He received the Meritorious service medal for saving his platoon during combat.
Upon returning to the U.S., Ron sold cars from 1970-1984 where he became a top sales producer. In 1982 he acquired his auctioneer license serving a 3-year apprenticeship under Colonel Bill Hall, the last living auctioneer of the Nashville Livestock Market at the time.
In 1984, Ron established Ron Gregory & Son Horse and Mule Auction Company. Livestock Rigs came from all around the country to attend these auctions every 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month.
In 1986, Ron passed his real estate exam and hung his license with Feller Brown Realty & Auction, Inc. Then, in 1994 he opened his own company, Ron Gregory Realty & Auction, Inc. which began in a small one-room office in a feedmill with a desk a phone and a name on the wall and now is housed in a 3600 sqft building right down the street from its original location.
In 2000, Ron bult the Ron Gregory Performance Arena in Castalian Springs, TN which not only had a barn for horse livestock auctions, but also an arena for live events such as rodeos. Ron sold the Arena in 2007 to focus solely on his real estate and auction business.
In March of 2006, Ron’s son, Chris, acquired his Real Estate License. In 2012, he passed his Broker Exam and served as Principal Broker of RGRA for 6+ years. In March of 2020, a third-generation auctioneer was born when Chris received his auctioneer’s license and began his apprenticeship under Ron. It’s a “Family Tradition”.
Today Ron Gregory Realty & Auction, Inc. is recognized as one of the top real estate and auction companies in Tennessee.
That’s the road traveled to get here today. We would love for you to join us for where the road leads. We’ll set you where you want to be…
The Auction Advantage
– Seller chooses the date the property will sell
– Property generally closes within 30 days of sale
– Seller creates the market giving seller control while creating a sense of urgency for buyers
Competition Drives Price
– Multiple bidders in real time create a highly competitive atmosphere
– All buyers know what the the other bidders are offering live and in person
– Open bidding insures highest possible price
– Marketing is direct and accelerated
– Seller property is singled out from everyday listings and spotlighted to drive more traffic
– Multiple Marketing avenues such as Social Media, T.V. ads, Google, Direct mail, Postcards, Professional Photography, etc.